Recently I’ve discovered a way that I can enjoy a turmeric latte every evening with very little work. Here is my method:
- Peel the raw Turmeric if it’s from the store. If you harvest it from your own garden, you can scrub it well and avoid peeling it.
- Chop the turmeric pieces very small and then run them through a high-powered blender, food processor, or immersion blender using equal weight of both the chopped turmeric and olive oil. You can also use coconut oil if you prefer.
- Add some black pepper to this concentrate. Be moderate because you can always add some later.
- Spoon your mixture into ice cube tray’s and freeze.
- In order to preserve the integrity of your raw turmeric, remove the frozen turmeric from the tray by pouring warm water on the underside of the tray until the cube is released.
- Allow the turmeric cube to thaw at its own pace in the bottom of your mug.
- In a sauce pan warm your milk to the desired heat and pour it into your mug.
- Stir and add a little sweetener if desired.